DYSLIPIDAEMIA aka Elevated Cholesterol
What are the risk factors for developing high cholesterol?
1. Being Overweight
2. Incorrect diet, rich in saturated fats
3. Family history of high cholesterol
4. Excessive alcohol consumption
6. Lack of exercise/sedentary lifestyle
8. Lack of fibre in the diet.
Examples of Saturated fatty foods to avoid:
- Processed meats like salami and sausages
- Deep fried Foods
- Cakes, biscuits, pastries
Most important: High cholesterol does not have symptoms.
It should be checked annually by your medical practitioner
Contact: 021 683 1237 /1234 if you would like to have your cholesterol checked. Claremont Doctor